The Church of Unguriu Parish was built between 1941-1943, on the place of an old one, from the early nineteenth century and is dedicated to the “Holy Kings”. The church is imposing and has a house beside the feast, philanthropic social institution built with the support of parishioners.

In the courtyard of the church dedicated to the “Holy Kings” was built a monument consisting of two blocks of stone and cement that close a cross, having on  each side two twin Latin crosses, which have the flag behind them, the whole assembly being supported by a solid octagonal pedestal. The inscription tells us that the monument was built as “ Tribute to the heroes of the revolution”, without recording names. In the church, the nave is a marble plaque affixed with the inscription, “ Eternal gratitude to the Unguriu commune heroes, that died in the war of independence in 1877 and also in the reunification of the nation 1916-1918 war”, followed by the names of the heroes. On the opposite side, a similar plaque was laid for the village heroes who died in the Second World War.

Placed on the Nişcovului Valley, at 30 km west from the town Buzău, the monastery bears the name of its founder, Captain Barbu Badeanu. He raised the monastery church between 1662-1669, helped by his wife and sons. After the secularization from the time of Cuza, the monks monastery was abolished, the monastic settlement being reestablished in 1871, but as convent of nuns. In 1931, the church and also its interior paintings were restored.

The belfry of the front of the monastery is from wall in the bottom, and from board, at the top, and covered with tin. In the courtyard are two bells of the four originally had.

In the eighteenth century the Barbu Monastery became subdued to Văcăreşti Monastery, dedicated to the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem. After the secularization from the time of Cuza, the monks monastery was abolished, the monastic settlement being reestablished in 1871, but as conventof nuns, nuns were brought here from St. George Monastery near Bozioru, place fallen into ruin. The church was repaired between 1894-1895, through the efforts of abbess Glaphyra Georgescu and of Father Vissarion and John Hagiu from Hermitage Niphon. On that occasion the painting was replaced, the consecration of the church taking place in 1896.

In 1931, with the support of the Commission for Historical Monuments and the local community, The church was rebuilt, particularly by entreaties of the abbess Xenia Dumitru and also a monk from the monastery of Ciolanu, Ioasaf Grigorescu. It was then also restored the painting by Nicholas Solescu from Buzau. Following the infamous decree of the 1959, the communist authorities abolished the monastery, rebuilt after 1989. The last restorations to the church were made between the years 1981-1994.

The fortified Monastery Bradu is 22 km from the village Ojasca, in the village of Hales. It was built by the family Badeanu Mihalcescu Candescu and then rebuilt by Mrs. Neaga, the wife of Mihnea Turcitul, therefore it is known as the Monastery of “Lady Neaga”. The second name comes from the fact that the wife of Mihnea Turcitul, Mrs. Neaga, was the one who restored it. In 1640, Radu Cândescu built the enclosure walls to protect the complex of the Turks attacks. The Fortress-Monastery had an important role in the history of the Romanian rulers: Michael the Brave left from here towards Buzau Valley and then towards Şelimbăr, where he won the fight. In addition, Constantin Brancoveanu found three times refuge here in the years 1703, 1708 and 1711. He came with his family and the ruler managed to escape the Turks that were looking for him.

Bradu Monastery had an important role during the Revolution of 1821, when the noblemen from this territory housed out of the way of the attacks. In the same period, the members of the revolution attacked the fortress-monastery, but failed to conquer it. The proof of their attack lies in the gates of the fortress, which is located in Buzau County Museum and which are full of lead projectiles. Bradu Monastery Ensemble includes the precinct walls, defense towers at the corners, the ruins of the old cells and spaces for living and for household activities, Royal House (built by Constantin Brancoveanu at the early eighteenth century) and the church dedicated to “St. Demetrius “in which services are still held. Bradu Monastery and the entire complex was included in the list of historical monuments in Romania. Its importance is demonstrated in past centuries also by the fact that there were organized here the courses of a school, since 1872, in which the children of all the commune were welcomed. The courses were interrupted in 1905 when two classes were built in other locations, because the number of students increased significantly.

Declared since 1924 natural monument (mixed geological and botanical reservation), the area Pâclele Mari – Pâclele Mici is the only place in Europe where the muddy volcanoes can be seen, similar phenomena being recorded only in Siberia and Australia. The volcanoes are formations created by the natural gas from more than 3,000 meters deep, that push to the surface water mixed with argil. The mud formed by these dries in contact with the air, forming some conical structures. The kettle, called muttered, are circular pits that remove fluid mud. Because of the gases, which stir the mud from the crater, gives you the impression that it boils. The craters of up to five meters high mutter feebly, spewing bubbles and streams of mud. The scenery changes depending on the season and precipitations. When it rains, everything seems a downhill and becomes a large marsh area, gurgling and changing its appearance. During drought, however, the earth seems furrowed by many veins, cracked and dry. Whatever the weather, however, the craters are the only ones that seem alive, breathing continuously. On the outskirts of the volcanoes, although it is a ripe area vegetation, grows many wormwood. An old story says that, invaded by humans and their animals, the monsters retreated underground, but left the muds as traps for everyone who walks over their territory

Sărata-Monteoru is a balnear resort located in the central- western part of Buzău county, Muntenia, Romania, about 20 km northwest of Buzău city. The waters with curative properties were mentioned since 1837, the locals using them for the treatment of certain illnesses. Towards the end of the nineteenth century, the locality and the surrounding lands were bought by the Greek Grigore Monteoru, who also gave the name of the village; he successfully exploited oil deposits, creating here the only petroleum mine in Europe, then used the earnings to finance the investment in a touristic resort. The resort had its period of glory until the Second World War, being destroyed after the establishment of the communist regime and confiscation of the property. In the 1970s, the communist state began to make again some small investments in the resort, completed after the communist regime fell and the return to the market economy, by other private initiatives in the field of tourism. The resort has a sedative climate, with highly negatively ionized air which has a stunning hypnotic action, helping to a fast recovery of the body and especially of the psychic. The most important therapeutic factor from Sarata Monteoru is represented by the mineral water with a high content of mineralization, used in the external treatment both in the spa complexes, as well as in the outdoor pool.
The chlorosodic, magnesium, sulphurous, iodine mineral springs and the sapropelic mud are beneficial especially for rheumatic diseases, gynecological and digestive.

The Hill with Lilacs is a natural reservation of flora and fauna type located in Buzău county, on the administrative territory of Cernătesti commune. The natural area has a surface of 10.59 hectares. The natural reservation „The Hill with Lilacs” was declared a protected area and represents a natural area in Săpocii Hill, with a protective role for the floral species of wild lilac (Syringa vulgaris). The unique natural reservation of lilac located in the county of Buzau is forgotten because of the lack of a proper access road. Basically, to the area declared natural reservation, the only access road is a road intended for agricultural use, formed over time by the carts and tractors with which the landowners are working their crops. Perhaps because of this, from the reservation of lilac from Cernatesti left only nearly 1 hectare and the white lilac gradually disappeared, so at this moment there are only lilacs in various shades of purple.