The Unguriu Commune is located on the river Buzau, at a distance of 18 km from the city of Buzau, with access to the national road DN 10 Buzau-Brasov and Buzau track -Nehoiaşu route with two railway stations: Unguriu and Ojasca. The Commune is composed of two villages: Unguriu and Ojeasca.

Unguriu Village under this name appears for the first time in 1582, when Constantin Mavrocordat, through a charter, passing Unguriu village under the dominion of The Diocese of Buzau. Also, in the years 1604, 1621 and 1739, through other specimens and charters, there is again mentioned the village Unguriu. In the middle of the eighteenth century (1620) was founded above the water springs “Ciuciuri” the Unguriu Monastery,the  monks bringing more services to Romanians here over the mountains, Săcele area residents gave them the name of ungureni.

Ojeasca Village is mentioned for the first time in 1715 when the Diocese of Buzau, Luxandra Ierculeasa donated a “string” of land here. Note that during the Phanariot period when, early, between the years 1805-1821, the Habsburg border came down to the spring Ojeasca monastery was destroyed Unguriu, and also then, everything was recorded for the second time in documents the village Ojasca, known as a result of the deed drawn up by Prince Michael Logofătu, through selling his part of the land from the village Ojeasca to the Monastery. In the village Ojasca operated a mine to extract coal (1882-1995) – deposit that is currently in conservation. Also in the area Ojasca-Mierea there is a fleet of probes of Schelei Berea; also here, there is a sand pit clay and river gravel aggregates of Schelei Berca.